Per Medicare guidelines, in addition to diagnosis, please indicate on the order which of the following categories your patient falls under:
• Women determined by their physician or qualified non-physician practitioner to be estrogen deficient and at clinical risk for osteoporosis (postmenopausal).
• Individuals with vertebral abnormalities.
• Individuals getting (or expecting to get) glucocorticoid therapy for more than 3 months.
• Individuals with primary hyperparathyroidism.
• Individuals being monitored to assess the response to an FDA-approved osteoporosis drug therapy.
For more information please reference: