Reno Diagnostic Centers is hiring a Full-Time Pre-Authorization Specialist.
This position is responsible for verifying insurance benefits and obtaining necessary exam authorizations to ensure timely payment for patient accounts.
- Ensure all necessary exam authorizations are obtained from the referring physician’s office or the insurance carrier prior to the scheduled appointment date.
- Verify patient benefits and eligibility as well as verify patient co-pays and deductibles due at time of service.
- Provide Exam price quotes to patients.
- Maintain accuracy of patient records by documenting authorizations and denials, as well as updating patient demographic and insurance coverage information as needed.
- Demonstrate courteous and professional telephone etiquette at all times.
- Promote teamwork by demonstrating a willingness to assist coworkers when needed.
- Observe and comply with all HIPAA policies and procedures in accordance with PHI access level and immediately report any improper or questionable use and/or disclosures of PHI to the HIPAA compliance officer through appropriate channels.
- Minimum of 1 year prior medical office/health insurance billing experience. Preference will be given to those with scheduling and/or pre-authorization experience. Radiology knowledge a plus.
- Must be computer literate and demonstrate good typing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a high degree of professionalism.
- Familiar with medical terminology.*
- Familiar with ICD-10/CPT coding and working knowledge of medical billing practices.**
- Working knowledge of medical records documentation and patient confidentiality regulations.**
- Experience with WINDOWS based medical office information systems.*