Whole Breast Ultrasound (WBUS)
Whole Breast Ultrasound (WBUS) is an ultrasound examination of the breast that can find small cancers that standard mammography does not see. It is not a replacement for annual mammogram screenings. Studies show that a Whole Breast Ultrasound examination in conjunction with a mammogram can find more cancers in women with dense breast than mammography alone. Mammography is 95+% sensitive in finding cancers in patients with fatty breasts and only 60% sensitive in patients with dense breasts.
*If your mammogram shows you have dense breasts, you may want to consider Whole Breast Ultrasound in addition to your mammogram.
- Whole Breast Ultrasound may find an additional 7-10 cancers per 1,000 women with dense breasts that were not detected by standard mammography alone
- Early detection can increase breast cancer survival.
- More than 40% of all women have dense breast tissue.
What to expect at your Whole Breast Ultrasound exam:
- No radiation or compression
- Exam time is 20-30 minutes
RDC is currently offering a Whole Breast Ultrasound exam for $99. Please call RDC to inquire or to schedule.
Click Here to print the voucher * Mention code WBUS for 99 when scheduling