Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI):
ACR (American College of Radiology) Accredited Facility
In December of 1985, Reno Diagnostic Centers introduced MRI technology to Nevada. Invented in the early 1980s, MRI uses the principles of nuclear magnetic resonance to allow us to look inside the body without the use of X-rays.
MRI uses the body’s own energy, highly-sophisticated computers, and a magnetic field many times greater than the earth’s magnetic pull to see through the bone to create extremely precise pictures of soft tissue.
State of the Art Equipment
If you have specific exam questions or to determine which of our two MRI scanners to use for your specific needs, please contact RDC.
Because of our two MRI scanners, there is less waiting time for your exams. Reno Diagnostic Centers has two wide bore MRI scanners. We offer northern Nevada’s first 3T MRI at our Eureka Center. Our wide bore MRI is best for patients who are either claustrophobic or require more space. The 1.5T MRI at our Sierra Rose Center is also shorter in length, making it easier on patients with claustrophobia.
Northern Nevada’s FIRST 3T MRI
The great appeal of 3T MRI is improvement in image quality and resolution, while providing faster scan times as that of a 1.5 magnet. The 3T MRI enables radiologists to improve the diagnosis of a wide range of conditions including cardiac and vascular disease; stroke; abdominal and brain disorders; and musculoskeletal conditions in the knee, shoulder and other joints. The 3T MRI takes magnetic imaging to the next level by allowing physicians to see not only anatomy within the body, but also the metabolic function of those structures. Brain tumors, for example, performed on the 3T gives physicians the ability to see earlier how the tumor is actually responding to treatment – not just if it is shrinking.
Specific study enhancements include:
- The ability to help detect and characterize lesions in the liver and brain (spectroscopy) for which the etiology is unclear to determine whether a suspicious area is malignant or benign.
- In musculoskeletal studies, the improved spatial resolution allows us to see more clearly abnormalities and diseases of cartilage, ligaments and tendons. Higher contrast may permit reduction of gadolinium doses and, in some cases, earlier detection of disease.
- Most sensitive test for Multiple Sclerosis.
- Short Bore magnet for improved patient comfort during exam.
The new 3T Wide Bore MAGNETOM Skyra
The best images for doctors. The best experience for patients.
- Better, higher quality images
- Comfort for patients of all sizes (Up to 550lbs.)
- Faster scan times (Patients are in/out faster)
For more details on our 3T Wide Bore MRI Click Here or contact us at 775-323-5083
Wide Bore 1.5T MRI – Faster. Better.
- Better images. High-field strength image quality (1.5 Tesla magnet vs. previous .3T Open)
- Faster. Imaging time 2-3 times faster than previous low-strength Open MR
- Ideal for claustrophobic patients
- Accommodates large patients (up to 550 lbs.)
- 70-cm internal bore, short 125-cm length
- Head-out exams
- Patient-friendly design for patient convenience
- 60% of exams can be done with the patient’s head outside of the system