PET/CT Exam Preparation
It is important to follow a modified diet and activity level before your exam to yield optimum images.
- No food for 6 hours before exam.
- For 12 hours before exam, no sugars (including sugar substitutes, fruit, fruit juice, soda, diet drinks, etc).
- On the evening before your exam, try to limit your dinner to a high protein/vegetable diet & no carbohydrates (carbs include breads, pasta, potatoes, rice).
- No exercise for 24 hours before exam.
- Arrive at RDC 15 minutes before scheduled appointment time.
- Diabetics should try to keep their blood sugar level below 200 mg/dl on the day of their exam.
Follow above instructions. If possible, mood-altering drugs, such as anti-depressants and tranquilizers, should be withheld for 2-3 days; please discuss this with your physician.
** If you have any questions regarding preparation, please contact us for guidance at 775-323-5083.