Reno Diagnostic Centers (RDC) offers the most comprehensive Body Fat Analysis in the area. We use the latest DXA (Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry) technology to scan your entire body in less than 10 minutes. This quick, painless, and non-invasive exam is performed in a comfortable, private and confidential setting. It is the most accurate form of Body Fat Percentage testing available.
Body Fat Analysis is an assessment of your total body composition. An estimate of the amount of lean and fat tissue in your body.
Preparation and what to expect during the procedure:
Preparing for your Body Fat Analysis
For best results, nothing to eat or drink 4 hours prior to your scan.
When you come in for the exam, you will need to:
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes
- Please do not wear anything with metal zippers.
- If you are not dressed accordingly, you will be asked to wear a gown during the scan.
- No food or drink 4 hours prior to the exam.
- You may return to your normal activities immediately following the exam.
- After an initial scan, it is recommended to wait 3-6 months for a follow up comparison scan.
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent/guardian authorization is required.
This exam is conveniently offered at both of our locations and the cost is $50. Self-Referral Exam / Doctor’s Order NOT Required.