The Front Desk Representative is responsible for performing reception and patient registration functions to provide efficient and accurate patient processing for scheduled diagnostic services. The Front Desk Representative is also responsible for maintaining an orderly and comfortable waiting environment for patients, family members, and center guests.
General responsibilities for the Front Desk Representative shall include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Provide excellent and professional service to customers in person and on the phone. All communication is professional, customer-focused, and helpful.
- Obtains and verifies current insurance, a photo ID of all patients and necessary co-pays, and accurately enters demographic information into the electronic medical records system.
- Prepare next-day patient paperwork.
- Accurately input patient information from paperwork into EMR.
- Triage walk-in patients to schedule.
- Schedule patients who arrive (walk-in) without an appointment for an x-ray exam.
- Input referring physician orders into charts when hand carried by p
- Call referring physician’s office to obtain prescriptions when not present at visit.
- Provide patients with procedure preparation kits and ensure the kits are adequately stocked.
- Count cash box to reconcile.
- Drive to bank to obtain change for the cash box, as needed.
- Maintain adequate stock of supplies and paperwork.
- Performs daily opening and closing procedures. Opening procedures include turning on lights, unlocking front doors, and turning on music. Closing procedures include turning off lights, closing doors, and turn off music.
- Ensure a clean, welcoming reception area.
- Collect pagers and clipboards from patients and sanitize.
- Assist others as requested or assigned.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintain professional and courteous appearance and demeanor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a medical of
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with medical office practices and procedures.
- Must demonstrate high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proficient with all Microsoft office programs and eRAD (EMR) patient chart system.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and in a calm and present manner.
- High level of organization and attention to detail with demonstrated receptionist skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Ability to read and write checklists, reports, and correspondence. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, memos, etc.
- Ability to analyze and perform complex computations with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, stand, walk, bend, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer business equipment. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally. The noise level in the work environment is usually low/mid to high level.
The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort and occasional light exertion. There is occasional exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, and temperature changes.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Disclaimer: Although the Company has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, the Company reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of the Company, at any time, with or without advance notice.