The Operator is responsible for answering telephone calls and directing them to the appropriate department in a courteous and professional manner.
General responsibilities for the Operator shall include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Answer all incoming calls during scheduled time.
- Triage calls to correct department/person.
- Rename incoming faxes as per protocol in fax box.
- Distribute voicemails as per protocol.
- Assist with other clerical tasks when needed, such as outgoing correspondence.
- Provide excellent and professional service to customers in person and on the phone. All communication is professional, customer focused, and helpful.
- Assist others as requested or assigned.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintain professional and courteous appearance and demeanor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 1-year prior experience in radiology or medical scheduling, medical front office operations, or a related field. College/trade school education may be accepted in lieu of experience depending on course of study. Those with extensive customer service experience in a call center/reservations scheduling environment may also be considered pending a pre-employment evaluation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with medical office practices and procedures.
- Computer literacy and demonstration of typing skills (40 wpm).
- Must demonstrate high level of confidentiality, professionalism, and proper phone etiquette.
- Proficient with all Microsoft office programs and telecommunication systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and in a calm and present manner.
- High level of organization and attention to detail with demonstrated customer service skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or Anatomy/Physiology courses preferred.
- Ability to read and write checklists, reports, and correspondence. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, memos, etc.
- Ability to analyze and perform complex computations with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, stand, walk, bend, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer business equipment. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally. The noise level in the work environment is usually low/mid to high level.
The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort and occasional light exertion. There is occasional exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, and temperature changes.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Disclaimer: Although the Company has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, the Company reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of the Company, at any time, with or without advance notice.