The Scheduler is responsible for all functions pertaining to the scheduling of imaging services provided at Reno Diagnostic Centers. Scheduling Representatives are expected to maintain a thorough understanding of all protocols for examinations including exam preparation requirements, appropriate timing factors, coordination of other studies, and billing requirements in order to coordinate the efforts of each department. The Scheduling Representative will promote teamwork and maintain high levels of customer service and professionalism in all communications.
General responsibilities for the Scheduler shall include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Answer incoming calls from scheduling queue.
- Make outbound calls from designated lists of appointments to be scheduled.
- Process incoming faxes for patient referrals.
- Call referring physician offices for clarification, as needed.
- Call to schedule lab appointments.
- Collect patient insurance forms.
- Collect patient email addresses, when needed.
- Inform patients of self-pay prices, when applicable.
- Enter verbal orders for procedures into EMR system, when needed.
- Reschedule patient appointments.
- Utilize interpreting service, when needed.
- Ask patients applicable screening questions for exams and inform patients of necessary exam prep.
- Email Pre-Authorization department when adding an appointment or to confirm insurance has authorized the appointment.
- Answer and return voicemails.
- Collect implant documentation information for review by magnetic resonance safety officer.
- Maintain task management software (Trello).
- Check and update list of orders needing clarification.
- Provide excellent and professional service to customers in person and on the phone. All communication is professional, customer-focused, and helpful.
- Assist others as requested or assigned.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintain professional and courteous appearance and demeanor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 1 year experience appointment setting in medical office setting. Preferred experience scheduling appointments in Radiology.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Familiarity with medical office and appointment setting practices and procedures.
- Proficient with all Microsoft office programs and EMR systems.
- Must demonstrate high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and in a calm and present
- High level of organization and attention to detail with demonstrated multi-tasking and customer service skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Ability to read and write checklists, reports, and correspondence. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, memos, etc.
- Ability to analyze and perform complex computations with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, stand, walk, bend, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer business equipment. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally. The noise level in the work environment is usually low/mid to high level.
The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort and occasional light exertion. There is occasional exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, and temperature changes.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Disclaimer: Although the Company has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, the Company reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of the Company, at any time, with or without advance notice.