Digital Mammography also known as 2D or traditional mammography uses a digital plate that is warm to the skin. It takes under 10 minutes to acquire images and is more comfortable than a conventional mammogram. Our wait time and callbacks with this procedure have been reduced by 20-30 percent when compared to conventional mammography.
Preparation and what to expect for all mammograms:
- No dusting powders or deodorant. Underarms should be free of chemicals.
- If you experience monthly breast tenderness, schedule your mammogram when you are least sensitive.
- A board-certified technologist will position your breast for the best placement to acquire an image.
- Once images are taken, and the exam is complete, you may return to work.
- Most results will be delivered by your healthcare provider the same day.